Thursday, February 11, 2010

Something about coming home

Doesn't matter where I go, and it doesn't matter how long I am gone. There is something mysterious to me about coming home.

They say that "home is where the heart is" and yet when I come home from being away it feels as though the "heart is where you home is." It seems like a huge piece of you, your identity even, is left in your homeland, awaiting your return and you subconsciously awaiting the reuniting of it.

I feel sorry for folks who feel as though they have no home, because this is such a wonderful feeling to have.

Maybe I over romanticize all of this, but I think there is something to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.