Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Little reminders of who I really am...

A good friend of mine reminded me today how truly blessed I am. He reminded me that every breath I breathe comes from God, and it is only by him that I have life.

He reminded me that God has given me everything I need, and yet God owes me nothing.

He reminded me that partaking in the empty things leaves you just that, empty... and partaking in the things of God; service, community, church, the bible, right relationships... well as he would say; "what more do ya need?"

God, I want to live as if my life is lived by someone else; your Son Jesus Christ. If there's anything in me that does not fit with you, may they be stripped away. I know that in order for me to truly live, it must be this way. Jesus is risen! May he arise within me. May I become less and he become greater.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what more do ya need?

5 weeks and counting hey?

good times

Anonymous said...

Salisbury house is a beautiful place that inspires good thoughts....