Saturday, December 29, 2007

Acts

I am taking an class on the book of Acts. I have to read through the book 6 times, each time in one day. This is an excerpt from an assignment I have to do each time I read the book...


This was my first read-through of Acts. What I noticed in this reading was the urgency to spread the gospel as far as possible. There was a clear understanding by the apostles and all those that called themselves Christians of the importance of making Jesus known. Christianity was exciting; the newly forming community of faith was exciting. People were drawn to Jesus; lives were being changed, really changed. This reading showed me Christianity actually being lived out. The people in acts understood what it meant to be the extension of Jesus’ ministry here on earth; they grasped through humility the power extended to them by the Holy Spirit. What a fantastic picture of abundant life. I had a moment I where I really questioned what was going when I read the story of Annanias and Sapphira. I could not understand how what they did was deserving of death. The condemnation that I perceived as I quickly read through it was hard to take. Perhaps more light would be shed on the situation when I take more time to look into all the ins and outs of what was going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.