Saturday, July 12, 2008

goin' to camp

If I'm lucky, each year around this time, I get to drive 3 hours west and a little north and go to camp. I've been heading out that way to Covenant Heights Bible Camp on clear lake for probably 15 or 16 years now. It's been a while since I've been a camper, but I can still very clearly remember the incredible experiences each year I was there.... Experiences that moved me, changed me, made me laugh.... Experiences that caused me to redirect my life towards God once again.

It's a very beautiful place. Not just it's scenery, but also the idea of it..... How many other times in a year do you get together with 50-70 other folks, most of whom you only see that one week a year, and just live life together with the epicenter of the week being on the very much alive God that we serve.

I know it's not all about feelings, but there more than any other place, you feel God. You know he is alive. It's unmistakable. You simply can not go to that place and come back home the same.

This year, like every other year, there will be a whole new unique group of folks gathering.... We will make history, as there has never been this group together in one place in one time, and there will never again be the exact same group of people there in one place, in one time...

I want to make the most of this historical experience. I want to understand what it is about a simple camp that seems so close to heaven.

If you remember, pray for Covenant Heights Bible Camp this week....

No comments: